Malaysia stands out as a magnificent destination for leisure escapes among tropical Asian holidays. A trip to Malaysia, with its cultural diversity and natural beauty, is one of the best ways to break away from the monotony of daily life. To visit Malaysia, an individual must apply for a Malaysia visa in accordance with their citizenship, though some nations can accelerate the process by way of online electronic visas. One of them is the Malaysia eNTRI visa. If you are unfamiliar with this type of Malaysia visa, here is a quick guide to get you started.
Malaysia eNTRI visa – an overview
Malaysia provides electronic visas to 34 countries, but the Malaysia eNTRI visa is only available to Indian and Chinese nationals (except Hong Kong and Macau). The full title of the Malaysia eNTRI visa is Electronic Travel Registration & Information, and it is an online registration that allows for easy entry into Malaysia and eliminates the need to apply for a pre-approved visa or an evisa.
If you are an Indian citizen with a wish to visit Malaysia for tourism purposes, a Malaysia eNTRI visa for Indians is one of the best ways to apply for a Malaysia visa without having to spend time waiting in lines or hassles of visiting the Malaysian Embassy. A Malaysia eNTRI visa is a single-entry visa that allows the holder to visit Malaysia for 15 days. The Malaysia eNTRI visa is valid for three months from the date of issuance. This means that you can use this visa to visit Malaysia for tourism or social purposes for 15 days during these three months. This visa cannot be extended, and if it expires, you must reapply.
How to apply for a Malaysia eNTRI visa?
Malaysia eNTRI visa has to be applied online by creating your Malaysia visa account on the Malaysian government’s immigration portal where you would be required to submit your personal information and travel-related details. You also have to pay an eNTRI visa Malaysia fee of USD 20 per application which is non-refundable.
You will have to keep the following documents ready while filling out the application form:
- A valid Indian passport with 6 months validity.
- Passport-size photographs as per the specification given in Malaysia visa guidelines.
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- Proof of accommodation and travel purpose.
- Proof of residency in case of expatriates (except Singapore)
Once you have registered the Malaysia eNTRi visa, you will have to check your visa status online, and once
approved, you will need to print out the eNTRI note. This note serves as your travel permit document, which you must present at the Malaysia Immigration checkpoint along with your passport, boarding pass, return flight ticket proof, and other travel-related documents such as proof of accommodation in Malaysia and funds to support your Malaysia stay and travel.
Malaysia point of Entry and exit with Malaysia eNTRI visa in hand
You can only enter and exit Malaysia through specific entry/exit points with this type of visa.
If you are flying, you can alight or embark at any of Malaysia’s authorised international airports.
If you are travelling via land, then you can only enter or exit from Malaysia from these places:
- Bukit Kayu Itam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujoh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Johor Bahru Railway Station, Johor,
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
Things to consider as an Indian citizen applying for a Malaysia eNTRI visa.
- This visa is valid for Indian nationals living in India and worldwide except for Indian expatriates in Singapore.
- The visa holder should enter Malaysia via a direct flight from India. While leaving Malaysia, one should have direct flight return tickets to India or via Singapore, Brunei, or Thailand. If you are an expatriate living anywhere in the world (except Singapore) you should have a return flight ticket for your country of residence.
- Once you get this visa, it should only be used for visiting purposes and not to seek employment, study opportunities, or represent your current place of employment.
- Proper care should be taken while filling out the Malaysia eNTRI application form as if there are any errors or missing information, you will not be able to amend or cancel the same after you have submitted and paid the visa fee. You will then have to wait for 45 days to make an application for this visa again.
- This visa cannot be applied 24 hours before departure to Malaysia. It is best to apply for this visa at least 2 to 3 days before you fly to Malaysia as it might take 5 to 6 working days for the eNTRI Note to reflect on your account.
- It should always be understood that even with a valid visa in hand, there is always a chance that you will not get entry into the country. This applies to all visas from all countries. A valid visa does not guarantee entry into a destination, the decision to give that permission solely lies with the immigration officer of that destination. This condition also stands true for Malaysia eNTRI. Even if you have the eNTRI note at the Malaysia entry checkpoint, whether or not you will get the green signal to visit the country will be made keeping your travel history and moral and civil character in mind.
Now that you understand how the Malaysia eNTRI visa works, give it a shot for your next Malaysia vacation. If you have any problems, Malaysia visa consultants can help you create a flawless application and provide no-hassle registration and processing services. If you are an Indian or a Chinese national, this is an extremely simple way to obtain a Malaysia visa. Take advantage of it to the fullest!