Is Malaysia on your travel bucket list? If you plan to visit Malaysia, you should be aware of the visa application process. It can be challenging and time-consuming if you’ve never done anything like it before. If the lengthy visa processing is keeping you from checking it off your list, there is some good news. Malaysia eVISA is a simple online service for applying for a Malaysian visa and receiving it swiftly. Check out this guide on Malaysia eVisa.
It is an electronic visa that lets foreign visitors visit Malaysia for up to 30 days. It is a faster way for citizens who need a pre-approved Malaysia tourist visa, and it saves time, effort, and money by eliminating embassy visits. The approved Malaysia eVisa in the UAE is only valid for a single entry and tourism purposes. After the date of issuance, the eVISA expires after three months. This type of visa does not allow you to extend the duration, if the visa becomes invalid.
Who qualifies for the Malaysia eVISA?
A Malaysia eVisa can be obtained by citizens of 35 countries at present. These are:
Central African Republic
Congo Democratic Republic
Guinea – Bissau
Do keep in mind that these nationalities can only obtain an E-visa for tourism from their country of origin. If you live in the UAE, you must be a student or work for a company in order to apply for this visa from the UAE. If you are not one of the following, you must apply for a regular Malaysia visa at the Malaysia Embassy.
How to get Malaysia eVisa in UAE?
Malaysia eVisa application procedure from the UAE is easy and simple. All you need to do is the following:
- Go to the official Malaysia eVisa website – https://malaysiavisa.imi.gov.my and sign up at ‘I am New’ section.
- Type in details such as Full name, Nationality, Date of Birth, Passport number, Address and register a login and password.
- After registration, fill in the forms as prompted and ensure your information matches your passport and other supporting visa documents. Upload the required documents and pay the visa fee. The visa fee once paid is non-refundable irrespective of your visa status after applying for the visa.
- After you submit your application, you will receive an email with your visa status within two working days. When you receive your valid Malaysia eVisa, print it on A4 paper and bring it with you to the airport. This printout is vital, and you must carry it with you and present it at Malaysian checkpoints.
- If dealing with the online forms and documentation makes you nervous, you can appoint a competent Malaysia visa expert to help you through the process.
How long does the application take to process?
If you have all of your documents organised and ready to upload on to the site, the application process should take no more than a couple of working days. Visa processing at most takes 3-5 business days (excluding public holidays, national holidays and weekends). However, you should apply for a Malaysia eVisa at least two weeks before your departure date, in case any unforeseen circumstances.
What is the validity of Malaysia eVISA?
A Malaysia eVisa allows the visa holder to stay in Malaysia for a maximum of 30 days. The visa is only valid for single entry and must be renewed when it expires. The visa is valid for three months and cannot be extended once it has expired. If the visa holder does not begin travelling within three months, the visa must be reapplied for. The visa holder’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months during their stay in Malaysia.
What is the Malaysia eVisa Requirements and Documentations in UAE?
The documentation for e-Visa is quite straightforward. You will need:
To apply the online application form without any errors.
To have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity after your arrival in Malaysia. Also, the passport should have minimum 3 blank pages and should be undamaged.
To upload the following with your application.
- Passport colour photographs as per the required dimensions in white background.
- Passport biodata pages.
- Proof of accommodation, letter of reference if any.
- Confirmed flight tickets.
- Travel itinerary, details of financial proof and other documents if requested
You do not need to visit the Malaysian Embassy for documentation unless you are notified to do so. This is the biggest advantage of availing the Malaysia E-visa. Another one is that you get it in a matter of 2 working days!
How does the Malaysia eVISA work?
After applying for a Malaysia eVisa, you must print the eVisa and bring it with you to the Malaysia entry checkpoint after disembarking at the airport. At the Entry Checkpoint, you must present the eVisa printout, along with your valid passport and other travel documents, boarding pass, proof of funds to cover your expenses in Malaysia (cash, travellers cheque, debit or credit cards), confirmed return flight tickets, and address of accommodation in Malaysia. Once all of this has been verified and confirmed by the authorities, you will be granted entry into Malaysia for a period of 30 days.
The Malaysia eVisa can simplify your travel requirements, so we hope this has helped you understand it better. In order to avoid hassles the next time you visit Malaysia, check to see if Malaysia eVisa is applicable to you.