Malaysia Visa Requirements & Documents Checklist
Malaysia is a Southeast Asian city which is popular for its ultra-modern cities, lush rainforests, pristine beaches, magnificent temples and delicious food. If you are planning to go on a vacation in Malaysia, the first thing you need to do is apply for a visa.
Documents Required for Visa Application
Here are the documents that you would have to submit with the application form while applying for a Malaysian visa.
Countries that Do Not Require Malaysian Visa
- You need to submit your original passport along with the application form. Make sure that the passport is valid and has a few blank pages too.
- You have to submit two photocopies of the main page of the passport.
- You also have to attach two passport size photographs along with the application form. Make sure that the photographs are not blurred.
- You need to submit a reference letter from a sponsor in Malaysia, your employer or your organizer.
- You will have to submit other supporting documents which include proof of your hotel booking, return flight ticket, etc.
- The Consulate may ask you to submit some additional documents, if required.
While passport is necessary, not everyone needs a visa to visit Malaysia. UAE nationals do not require a visa to enter Malaysia and stay there for three months. Apart from this, nationals of USA, UK, South Africa, Australia, France, Germany, Egypt, New Zealand, Switzerland, Canada, etc. also do not require a visa to stay in Malaysia for three months or 90 days. It is best to check with the Consulate to know if you need a visa before applying for one.
Countries that Require Malaysian Visa
While UAE nationals are exempt from visa for entry in Malaysia, expats in UAE would require one depending on their nationality. If you are a citizen of India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Colombia, China, Bhutan, Angola, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, etc., you need to apply for a visa. Your travel agent would be able to determine as to whether you require a Malaysian visa or not. You can also enquire at the Consulate to know more about the same.
How to Apply for Malaysian Visa
To apply for a Malaysian Visa, you need to submit the visa application form at the Malaysian Representative Office. Make sure you fill the form correctly. Even a small mistake can be the cause for your visa to get rejected. You can submit the form either at the Embassy of Malaysia in Abu Dhabi or at the Consulate General of Malaysia in Dubai.
The processing period is 2 to 3 working days.